Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day


Mike was leaving town on Sunday so we had Mother's Day on Saturday so he could be with us. A yummy dinner of steaks, grilled veggies, potatoes and Key Lime pie were made and soon on the table! The food was great but the company was out of this world.

Then it was time for a few presents. Such sweet kids to give me gifts for Mother's Day. I told them all that I didn't need anything and being with them was the best present of all. But the gift that brought tears to my eyes was the last one. I opened a folder to see a certificate with my name on it. It was a certificate for donation to the Multiple Myeloma Aassociation in Kathy's name. It brought tears to my eyes for the sweet thought of giving a donation that could benefit my sweet sister. It touched my heart so deeply with their sweet act of love. Each one of my kids are amazing to me.

The moment was made even more special since we knew Kathy was beginning her 2nd treatment that very day. I knew she had started into the thick of things again. I knew she would once again be so sick and going through more pain then I could ever imagine and then when everything came together all I could do was shed tears.

I don't know how Mike and I got so lucky to have such great kids. They take such great care of me when Mike is gone. I am thankful for them daily. They teach me so much each day. Love each of you so very much! Thank you showing me what heaven is like here on earth!

2 comments:

Alyse said...

I love you!!!

Faye said...

What a great gift! I must agree with you, your children are very thoughtful and kind. I am glad to be related to all of you :)